The Minister of Interior, Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, made the declaration on behalf of the federal government in a statement signed by Shuaib Belgore, the Permanent Secretary of the ministry on Thursday.
‘’While congratulating Nigerian Workers for witnessing this year’s celebration, he commended them for their patience, understanding and support in driving the policies and programmes of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration in its determination to move the country to the next level of socio-economic development,’’ said the statement.
The statement said Aregbesola called for more dedication and patriotism from all Nigerian workers and the labour unions, saying the challenges of the moment would soon be over as the government was committed to the security of lives and property of all Nigerians.
“Government is putting all strategies in place to curb the challenges of insecurity in the country.
“I, therefore, call on the labour force and all patriotic citizens to be fully committed to the task of putting insecurity to a permanent end as much as possible,” it stressed.
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1