Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed has given reason the federal government will not destroy forests where bandits use as hideouts to carry out kidnappings in the country.
Mohammed, speaking with Channels Tv on how to eliminate bandits, said the ecosystem will be affected if the government destroys the forests.
He noted that the better solution to eliminating bandits from the forest was to have better consultation between sub national government, the federal government and security agencies.
The minister said: “We cannot destroy the forest because of climate change. The better approach is not to destroy the forest because it would affect the eco-system but what we need is better consultation with sub national government and security agencies on how to secure the forest to make them safe for everybody.
“Those forest are used as hideouts but I think with technology today and when all our platforms are delivered, it will no longer be business as usual as the forest will not save those criminals and bandits but again we need collaborative effort of everyone.”
The minister assured Nigerians that security is top priority in the Buhari-led administration.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign