FG reveals date for commencement of school feeding programme in Kwara
The Federal Government has disclosed that the National Home Grown School Feeding Programme will commence in Lagos and Kwara State October ending.
This was made known by the Special adviser to the president on Poverty alliviation, Maryam Uwais, who was on the entourage of Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster and Social Development, Hajia Sa’adiya Umar Faruq, during interactive session with joint senate and House of Representatives Committee on Poverty Alliviation.
She explained that the home grown school feeding is a component of federal governments social safety net designed to primarily increase enrolment, retention and tradition in schools, and also increase their nutritional and health status.
She said the programme had commenced in all states of the federation with the exception of Lagos, Kwara, Bayelsa and FCT.
“Month ending, it will start in FCT and Lagos while Kwara and Bayelsa will be in first quarter of next month” she said.
House of representatives member, Balarabe Sallame, who is the co-chairman of the committee, said the ministry was invited for interactive session for briefs and acquaintance preparatory to their budget defence.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle