Aminat Isah, Abuja
The federal government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU), with the government of Russia for the modernisation, development, and rehabilitation of existing Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) rolling stock-fleet and upgrading of workshops across Nigeria.
The Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi during the MoU Signing with the Chairman, Joint Stock Company Russian Railway, Oleg Belozerov and the CEO Transmash holding, Mr. Kirill Lipa, at the Russia-Africa Summit in Sochi, said the MOU would boost and fastrack the construction of rail manufacturing company in Nigeria.
Amaechi reiterated the present administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari’s resolve to ensure the development of a standard rail infrastructure in line with best practices.
He also noted that before the end of December, Nigeria will receive 20 locomotives and wagons which will be used for the Railway service on Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kaduna and Itakpe-Warri rail line.
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption
- DSS Didn’t Arrest Kano Guber Tribunal Judge — Spokesperson
- Bandits kill 10 farmers during harvest in Borno— Lawmaker
- Wike approves revocation of 165 plots of land in FCT
- Breaking….Kano govt. lifts 24hrs curfew
- Commissioner seeks synergy with revenue agency in Kwara
- We’re committed to Gov. AbdulRazaq’s Ease-of-Doing-Business in Kwara–Commissioner
- Kwara Govt launches distribution of textbooks, sports kits for public basic schools