Aminat Isah, Abuja
The federal government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU), with the government of Russia for the modernisation, development, and rehabilitation of existing Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) rolling stock-fleet and upgrading of workshops across Nigeria.
The Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi during the MoU Signing with the Chairman, Joint Stock Company Russian Railway, Oleg Belozerov and the CEO Transmash holding, Mr. Kirill Lipa, at the Russia-Africa Summit in Sochi, said the MOU would boost and fastrack the construction of rail manufacturing company in Nigeria.
Amaechi reiterated the present administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari’s resolve to ensure the development of a standard rail infrastructure in line with best practices.
He also noted that before the end of December, Nigeria will receive 20 locomotives and wagons which will be used for the Railway service on Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kaduna and Itakpe-Warri rail line.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank