Four new Justices have been recommended for appointment for the Supreme Court by the National Judicial Council, (NJC).
They are Justices Adamu Jauro (North-East Zone); Emmanuel A. Agim (South-South Zone); C. Oseji (South-South Zone); and Helen M. Ogunwumiju (South-West Zone).
The council at its meetings held on Tuesday and Wednesday also recommended the appointment of four new heads of court, 13 judicial officers for Federal and State High courts and one Kadi for the Sharia Court of Appeal.
The NJC also placed eight judges under investigations for various allegations of official misconduct.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death