The Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said the 50 million dollar worth railway university will be completed by September 2021.
Amaechi stated this after an assessment tour of the project in Daura, Katsina State on Saturday, saying that construction is ongoing, contrary to rumours being peddled that the project is dormant.
“There’s been too much noise about them not constructing anything. When you got there you saw that they were constructing. They just got the approval from the state government.”
The Minister explained that proper construction will start at the end of September 2020 and hopefully the university project which is a gift from CCECC, the construction company handling the Lagos-Ibadan railway contract, should be about to be completed it by the end of September 2021.
“This is not a railway contract. This is a gift from them CCECC. I have said my assumption is that they should finish by next year September.
“The idea is that there should be a primary school in it, especially for those lecturers who will come from outside. There will be two buildings for the primary school, a secondary school and then the university”.
Commenting on the source of manpower for the university, he explained that the Chinese would provide that initially while Nigeria develops her own.
“They will provide all that for five years by which time the Federal Government should have been able to get its own technical staff,” said Amaechi.
It will be recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari did the ground breaking of the institution on December 2, 2019
President Buhari during the ground breaking had noted that the institution would bring rapid development to the transport sector and create employment.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment