The Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said the 50 million dollar worth railway university will be completed by September 2021.
Amaechi stated this after an assessment tour of the project in Daura, Katsina State on Saturday, saying that construction is ongoing, contrary to rumours being peddled that the project is dormant.
“There’s been too much noise about them not constructing anything. When you got there you saw that they were constructing. They just got the approval from the state government.”
The Minister explained that proper construction will start at the end of September 2020 and hopefully the university project which is a gift from CCECC, the construction company handling the Lagos-Ibadan railway contract, should be about to be completed it by the end of September 2021.
“This is not a railway contract. This is a gift from them CCECC. I have said my assumption is that they should finish by next year September.
“The idea is that there should be a primary school in it, especially for those lecturers who will come from outside. There will be two buildings for the primary school, a secondary school and then the university”.
Commenting on the source of manpower for the university, he explained that the Chinese would provide that initially while Nigeria develops her own.
“They will provide all that for five years by which time the Federal Government should have been able to get its own technical staff,” said Amaechi.
It will be recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari did the ground breaking of the institution on December 2, 2019
President Buhari during the ground breaking had noted that the institution would bring rapid development to the transport sector and create employment.
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed