NYSC reveals when camps will reopen
The management of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) has said it will reopen orientation camps for prospective corps members as soon as the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 gives it the directive to do so.
Brig Gen Shuaibu Ibrahim, the director-general of the NYSC made the statement during the inspection of some facilities destroyed by a wind storm in Gombe state.
NYSC says it is waiting on directive of COVID-19 task force to reopen camps
He urged graduates who are waiting to be mobilised for the scheme not to be agitated.
The NYSC boss told the expectant graduates to be prepared because they may be called upon for camping at any time within a short notice.
Ibrahim disclosed that the NYSC management has inspected so many camps in the country in order to assess the level of preparedness for reopening.
The director-general also stressed the importance of skills acquisition by youths. He said the acquisition of skills would turn youths into employers of labour.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides