The management of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) has said it will reopen orientation camps for prospective corps members as soon as the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 gives it the directive to do so.
Brig Gen Shuaibu Ibrahim, the director-general of the NYSC made the statement during the inspection of some facilities destroyed by a wind storm in Gombe state.
NYSC says it is waiting on directive of COVID-19 task force to reopen camps
He urged graduates who are waiting to be mobilised for the scheme not to be agitated.
The NYSC boss told the expectant graduates to be prepared because they may be called upon for camping at any time within a short notice.
Ibrahim disclosed that the NYSC management has inspected so many camps in the country in order to assess the level of preparedness for reopening.
The director-general also stressed the importance of skills acquisition by youths. He said the acquisition of skills would turn youths into employers of labour.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities