Former House of Representatives Speaker, Dimeji Bankole, will on Friday, January 15, get married to Miss Aisha Shinkafi Saidu, the daughter of Kebbi Governor, Atiku Bagudu.
Bankole, who divorced his first wife in 2017, has been in a sizzling relationship with Aisha, a trained lawyer and graduate of the University of Hull in the UK.
A statement released by the Bankole family disclosed that a quiet introduction between the two families took place to kick off the joining together in line with Islamic and traditional injunctions. At the introduction ceremony, Sokoto Governor and Bankole’s successor as Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, led the groom’s family to the bride’s family home to seek her hand in marriage.
According to Family sources, the wedding will be a lowkey one due to the second wave of the COVID19 pandemic.
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue