Biyi Durojaiye, a senator in the fourth republic is reportedly dead.
Durojaiye died at the age of 88 in Lagos on Monday August 23, after a brief illness associated with Coronavirus complications.
The late senator who represented Ogun East constituency on the platform of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) between 1999 and 2003, was also a presidential aspirant on the platform of the Social Democratic Party, but lost to the late Moshood Abiola.
The deceased served in senate committees on Judiciary, Establishment (as Chairman), and Special Projects. In December 2002, he recommended a life jail term for anyone who perpetrated election fraud.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal