The incident happened on Wednesday in Ijebu-Ode during an argument between the woman and her deceased husband.
The woman was the fourth wife to the deceased before she reportedly stabbed her husband, a co-butcher, for impregnating another woman.
It was further gathered that the woman worked in the same abattoir with the deceased.
She reportedly got annoyed during an argument over a plan by the deceased to bring in another wife.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.
Oyeyemi said the woman stabbed her husband at the back joint of his left leg, thereby, cutting one of his veins.
He explained that an argument ensued between the couple when the woman reportedly questioned the woman for getting pregnant with her husband.
The PPRO added, “As a result the suspect picked a knife and stabbed the deceased in the back of his left leg, thereby, cutting one of his veins.
“He was quickly rushed to a nearby hospital for first aid, and later transferred to Ijebu-Ode General hospital where he eventually gave up the ghost while receiving treatment, due to bleeding.
“Upon the distress call, the DPO Obalende division, SP Murphy Salami, led his men to the scene but the suspect has taken to flight before their arrival.
“She was subsequently traced and was eventually arrested in her hideout at Mobalufon area of Ijebu-Ode.
“On interrogation, the suspect, who happened to be the fourth wife of the deceased, claimed that it was her husband who first slapped her simply because she asked his new wife her mission at her market stand.
“The corpse of the deceased had been released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites after the autopsy has been conducted on it.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections