The incident happened on Wednesday in Ijebu-Ode during an argument between the woman and her deceased husband.
The woman was the fourth wife to the deceased before she reportedly stabbed her husband, a co-butcher, for impregnating another woman.
It was further gathered that the woman worked in the same abattoir with the deceased.
She reportedly got annoyed during an argument over a plan by the deceased to bring in another wife.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.
Oyeyemi said the woman stabbed her husband at the back joint of his left leg, thereby, cutting one of his veins.
He explained that an argument ensued between the couple when the woman reportedly questioned the woman for getting pregnant with her husband.
The PPRO added, “As a result the suspect picked a knife and stabbed the deceased in the back of his left leg, thereby, cutting one of his veins.
“He was quickly rushed to a nearby hospital for first aid, and later transferred to Ijebu-Ode General hospital where he eventually gave up the ghost while receiving treatment, due to bleeding.
“Upon the distress call, the DPO Obalende division, SP Murphy Salami, led his men to the scene but the suspect has taken to flight before their arrival.
“She was subsequently traced and was eventually arrested in her hideout at Mobalufon area of Ijebu-Ode.
“On interrogation, the suspect, who happened to be the fourth wife of the deceased, claimed that it was her husband who first slapped her simply because she asked his new wife her mission at her market stand.
“The corpse of the deceased had been released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites after the autopsy has been conducted on it.”
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others