Kwara State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps have arrested a 47-year-old security guard, Jacob Obomerelu for raping his 18-year-old daughter.
The suspect who works as a security guard in a residential building at Awolowo Road, Tanke area, Ilorin, reportedly raped his biological daughter in a gatehouse that also served as his apartment. He carried out the act on Monday, December 6, 2021.
The rape victim had moved out of her father’s house in 2017 after he separated from her mother, and was adopted by one Alhaja Mariam Bello in the Gaa-Akanbi area of Ilorin. She moved back with him after having an issue with the lady who adopted her.
Obomerelu was accused of raping his daughter on the first night she stayed with him in spite of her plea. He was arrested after the girl’s guardian filed a complaint with the agency.
The NSCDC said in a statement;
“She said she begged him not to rape her, but all her pleas fell on deaf ears, as he behaved like a hypnotised person and later gave her N1,000 to buy drug to flush her system.
“On Tuesday, December 7, 2021, we were tipped-off by one Alhaja Mariam Bello, who claimed that the girl, who happened to be her adopted daughter, was raped by her biological father, adding that the victim used to live with her at her Isale Gaa Akanbi residence but moved out to stay with her dad after a little misunderstanding between her and the victim.”
NSCDC spokesperson in the state, Babawale Afolabi said upon being interrogated, the father of four who is from Edo state blamed the devil, claiming that he was not in his right mind when he did it.
The state Commandant of the NSCDC, Mr Iskilu Makinde has ordered that discreet investigation be conducted into the case and the suspect charged to court.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo