Kwara State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps have arrested a 47-year-old security guard, Jacob Obomerelu for raping his 18-year-old daughter.
The suspect who works as a security guard in a residential building at Awolowo Road, Tanke area, Ilorin, reportedly raped his biological daughter in a gatehouse that also served as his apartment. He carried out the act on Monday, December 6, 2021.
The rape victim had moved out of her father’s house in 2017 after he separated from her mother, and was adopted by one Alhaja Mariam Bello in the Gaa-Akanbi area of Ilorin. She moved back with him after having an issue with the lady who adopted her.
Obomerelu was accused of raping his daughter on the first night she stayed with him in spite of her plea. He was arrested after the girl’s guardian filed a complaint with the agency.
The NSCDC said in a statement;
“She said she begged him not to rape her, but all her pleas fell on deaf ears, as he behaved like a hypnotised person and later gave her N1,000 to buy drug to flush her system.
“On Tuesday, December 7, 2021, we were tipped-off by one Alhaja Mariam Bello, who claimed that the girl, who happened to be her adopted daughter, was raped by her biological father, adding that the victim used to live with her at her Isale Gaa Akanbi residence but moved out to stay with her dad after a little misunderstanding between her and the victim.”
NSCDC spokesperson in the state, Babawale Afolabi said upon being interrogated, the father of four who is from Edo state blamed the devil, claiming that he was not in his right mind when he did it.
The state Commandant of the NSCDC, Mr Iskilu Makinde has ordered that discreet investigation be conducted into the case and the suspect charged to court.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FRSC warns motorists against impatience on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway
- Monkeypox infection outbreak in UK, Germany, others
- 2023: Amaechi arrives Kwara, visits Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Defence Minister salutes Nigerian Airforce at 58 (PHOTOS)
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison