The desire of the Gbenga -Power Foundation to change the lives of the rural communities of Kwara state has motivated the foundation to put a humanitarian and educational support to the various communities in Kwara south senatorial district and other senatorial districts of the state.
The foundation which started this humanitarian gesture in the past 8 years in the state has reached out to women, youths, aged and other stakeholders in the state.
Speaking at the recent outreach programmes organised by the foundation in Igbaja, Offa, Agunjin, Oke-Ode, Oro-Ago, Ile Ire, Omupo among other towns of Kwara south senatorial district of the state, the chairman and founder of the foundation, Hon.Oyekunle- Power also said that, many unemployed youths, women, aged people among others have been empowered by the foundation so as to add values to their social lives.
See pictures below:
He said that, the distribution of the foodstuffs free of charge to the people of the rural areas is to reduce hunger and to enhance the well being of the society.
Hon.Oyekunle-Power added that, the distribution of educational support like exercise books, scholarship, foodstuffs among others to students across the schools in the Kwara south senatorial district is to complement the efforts of parents and guardians so as to move education forward in the state.
He said that, the educational support materials to the students would also help the students to have access to qualitative education and would ginger them to excel in their academic career.
Hon.Oyekunle-Power who is also a chieftain of APC warned the people of the state against being used by self seeking politicians in the state during the forthcoming general elections.
He said that, they should shun violence and protect their votes during the polls.
He advised them to come out enmasse and cast their votes for all the APC candidates during the polls so as to move the nation forward.
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1