Muslims have been charged to intensify efforts in praying for the unity and progress of the country.
Mallam Yakub Gobir gave the charged while speaking on the important of Eid-kabir celebration in Ilorin, the state capital.
Gobir appealed to Muslim faithful to be committed to the lessons of the Eid-kabir by making sacrifices and working for the unity of the nation.
The Former Governorship Candidate in kwara state also said Muslims must not lose sight of the quintessential virtues and blessings, as well as the moral and spiritual wisdom of the season, charging them to imbibe the spirit of piety, sacrifice and alms giving.
Mallam Gobir who is also Wazirin Hausa rejoiced with the emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, sons and daughters of the Ilorin Emirate on the Dubar festival celebration, beseeched Allah to grant them the opportunity to witness many more of the celebration.
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others
- Senate escapes cracks, drops Confidence Vote on Lawan