Actress Lisa Banes has died at the age of 65, it has been confirmed.
The Gone Girl actress was struck by a motorised scooter in a hit-and-run that took place on June 4.
The accident left her badly injured. She was in critical condition in Mount Sinai Morningside hospital with a traumatic brain injury.
Sadly, the actress, who played Marybeth Elliott alongside Ben Affleck in the 2014 thriller Gone Girl, died on Monday, June 14.
A New York Police Department spokesperson told Metro.co.uk that no arrests have been made.
Reacting to the news, Banes’ friend and singer Jill Sobule shared photos of them together and tweeted: “Just busted. Lisa Banes was magnificent, hilarious, and big-hearted – always helped me through the hard times. She was so beloved by so many.”
Banes was on her way to meet her wife Kathryn Kranhol and was crossing the road when she was struck by a scooter. The driver of the scooter fled the scene and is currently being searched for by police.
Banes was best known for starring in 2014’s Gone Girl alongside Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, playing Marybeth Elliott. In 1988, the actress starred alongside Tom Cruise in the movie Cocktail.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL