By AbdulNaseer Argungu, Birnin Kebbi
Kebbi State Governor, Senator Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, has set up a 17-member Committee to demarcate the Nelba farming/grazing area in Suru and Bagudo Local Governments Areas of the state with effect from 1st March,2022.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Babale Umar Yauri and issued to newsmen in Birnin Kebbi on Tuesday.
The statement said that the committee has Alhaji Ahmed Usman Bunza as Chairman, while the acting Director of EXCO as its Secretary.
The statement said that the committee has its members drawn from the various MDAs, traditional institution, Groups and security agencies as follows, Surveyor General, Kebbi State, Hon Chairmen of Bagudo and Suru Local Government .
Others include : State Chairman Miyatti Allah, State Secretary Miyatti Allah, Representatives of Police Commissioner, State Director of Security, Ministry for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Ministry of Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture, Hon. Dan Hakimi, Hon. Umar Maigandi Dakingari, District Head of Illo and Aljannare.
Its terms of reference include: Obtain and refer to all previous reports on any move to demarcate the area for the purpose of farming/grazing by the authorities.
The committee will also explore ways to ensure final and amicable settlement of any lingering issue of farmers/fulanis dispute over the area.
It will also make any useful recommendation(s) that will ensure sustainable peace and development of the area.
The committee has three weeks from the date of appointment within which to complete its assignment and submit its report to the State Government.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate