Gov. Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State on Monday promised to provide modern grain processing equipment for women in the state to empower and enhance their economic statuses.
The governor made the promise while interacting with women engaged in local processing of millet at Fingilla village in Dandi Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
“I will make sure that this administration of mine provides you with modern machines for grain processing to ease your difficulties and enhance agricultural production,’’ the governor told the women.
He also pledged to prioritise and sustain women empowerment programmes in the state.
In their responses on behalf of the women, the Head of Fingilla village, Alhaji Isah Muhammad-Ghode and the women leader, Hajiya Amina Fingilla, who spoke separately, lauded the governor for his efforts at boosting food production in the state.
While in the area, the governor and Speaker, Kebbi State House of Assembly, Alhaji Sama’ila Kamba joined in the funeral prayer for late Hajiya Salamatu Kamba, mother of Dandi LGA Chairman, Alhaji Garba Kamba.
Hajiya Salamatu died on Sunday at the age of 78 years. She is survived by 10 children and many grandchildren.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency