Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa on Tuesday urged National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members to be serious with camp activities, especially the Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) Programme.
Fintiri, represented by Commissioner, Ministry of Youth Affairs, Aloysius Babadoke, made the call while declaring open the 2021 ‘B’ Stream II orientation course at Damare orientation camp, Yola.
“Be serious and actively participate in all the camp programmes and activities, of particular importance here is the SAED Programme.
“I strongly enjoin you all to key in to this laudable programme that has lifted millions of your predecessors out of poverty and made them not only self-reliant but job creators,” he said.
The governor promised to continue improving the camp facilities to make it conducive, secure and convenient for successful orientation.
In his address, the state NYSC Coordinator, Malam Ibrahim Tukur, charged the corps members to understand that SAED programme was meant to prepare corps members for self-employment and wealth creation.
He urged them to avail themselves of the opportunity, instead of joining the ranks of unemployed graduates scouting for the rarely available white collar jobs.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 1,200 corps members comprising 646 male and 554 female were sworn-in for the exercise.
At the end of the swearing-in, the NYSC flagged-off tree a planting campaign in the camp as part of its contribution to save the environment.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- NBC revokes licences of Ray Power FM, Silverbird TV, 50 other stations
- Nigerian Govt to block access to online loan firms
- No short shelf doses of COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria — FG
- NiMet predicts 3-day rains, thunderstorms from Friday
- Emirates suspends flights to, from Nigeria
- Flight tickets skyrocket as aviation fuel hits N903
- PDP constitutes caretaker committee for Osun
- Osun Guber: Court strikes out suit against Ademola Adeleke
- Strike: Federal Govt’s offer miserable — ASUU
- Poultry farmers lament high cost of raw material