Prophet Muhammed exemplified the virtues when he migrated from Makkah to Madinah in 622 Year of the Common Era (CE), after enduring persecution from Makkah pagans.
The year, 622 CE marked the “Hijrah’’ or “Emigration,’’ and is also marked as the beginning of the Islamic calendar.
Congratulating the faithful for witnessing the first day of Muharram 1443 (the first month of the Islamic calendar), the governor charged the faithful to relive the significance of the occasion.
In a statement issued in Ibadan on Tuesday, his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Taiwo Adisa, quoted the governor as saying that Muslims in the state and beyond should rejoice and commemorate the day.
“Let us recall that the Islamic year began with the migration of Prophet Mohammed and his companions from Makkah to Medina in 622 CE after he was commanded by God to leave the city of Makkah.
“In Makkah, Prophet Muhammed and his adherents were persecuted, victimised and oppressed.
“Their only sin as alleged by pagans of Makkah at that time was their firm belief in the supremacy and oneness of God and their rejection of the worship of any deity other than God.
“Without the endurance and patience demonstrated by Prophet Muhammed only God knows what would have been the place of the Prophet today.
“So, the essence of that historic endeavour is to enable Muslims to know that after every period of difficulty comes relief and happiness.
“Muslins should continue to make supplications for our great state and for Nigeria, that God may give us relief after all the challenges we are faced with,’’ the governor was quoted as saying.
The governor further sought for the continued support and cooperation of Muslims and of all residents of the state.
He pledged that his administration would continue to make life more meaningful to all residents.
Gov. Makinde also reiterated the administration’s commitment to the on-going socio-economic transformation and infrastructural revolution in the state, Taiwo said in the statement.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council