NNPC disclosed this in a statement by Dr Kennie Obateru, its spokesperson, on Monday in Abuja, NAN reports.
The corporation disclosed that the appointments and redeployments were to strengthen and reposition the NNPC towards attaining global excellence and profitability.
Mr Garba Muhammad has been appointed to take over from Obateru as the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, according to the statement.
It also stated that Obateru would be retiring from service in September this year.
Similarly, Mrs Aisha Ahmadu-Katagum was promoted to the position of the Group Executive Director, Corporate Services, while Mr Billy Okoye was appointed as the new Group Executive Director (GED), Ventures & Business Development.
Until their new appointments, Ahmadu-Katagum and Okoye were NNPC’s Group General Managers, Supply Chain Management Division and Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD), respectively.
Also, Mr Adeyemi Adetunji, formerly Chief Operating Officer, Business & Ventures Development, is now the Group Executive Director, Downstream.
Mr Mohammed Abdulkabir Ahmed, formerly Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services, becomes the Group Executive Director, Gas and Power.
Obateru also disclosed that other Chief Operating Officer positions in the NNPC were re-designated as Group Executive Directors (GEDs), to align with the rules of Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
According to him, this was in preparation for the new status of the corporation as a limited liability company, post-Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).
The statement noted that the repositioning saw the disengagement of Mr Yusuf Usman, former Chief Operating Officer, Gas And Power.
It quoted the Group Managing Director of the corporation, Malam Mele Kyari, as saying that the new appointments would enable the NNPC to live up to the expectations of Nigerians and achieve its vision of becoming a world-class energy company of choice.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis