The command’s Public Relations Officer, Babawale Zaid Afolabi, disclosed this in a statement in llorin.
According to the spokesman, Muhammed conspired with two other suspects who are still at large, to kidnap a 15-year-old girl of llale village, Oke Ero in Irepodun local government area of the State.
They dragged the victim to the bush, tied her hand and raped her severally.
“On Thursday 05/08/2021, one Yakubu Kelani, 50, came to the NSCDC office in Omu Aran to report that his 15-year-old daughter was kidnapped on her way to fetch water on the 29th July, 2021.
“The victim was taken into the bush where she was reportedly raped severally by her abductors who later got in touch with the family of the girl demanding for the sum of N15m as ransom,” Babawale narrated.
He said that the victim’s family paid certain amount of money to the kidnappers who later released her.
However, luck ran out of one of the abductors, Bello Muhammed as he was picked up by local vigilante at Kara market, Ajase lpo town and was handed over to the operatives of the NSCDC.
During interrogation, Muhammed confessed to have committed the crime with his two accomplices who are still at large.
The two other suspects are Umar Abubakar from Ajase- lpo and one other simply identified as Babuga.
In the meantime, operatives of the NSCDC are on the trail of the two other fleeing suspects.
“The Commandant NSCDC Kwara state command, Iskilu Ayinla Makinde, has been briefed of the incident and has ordered for immediate manhunt for the other two suspects while the arrested suspect, will be charged to court at the completion of the investigations,” he further stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA