This is contained in a statement signed by Yusuf Idris, the Director-General, Media to the governor in Gusau on Thursday.
He said under the 2020 to 2021 academic session, the governor approved the release of N186. 6 million as payment for 67 Medical and Para-medical students currently going into their second year of studies in Sudan.
He further said Matawalle gave approval for the release of another N24.5 million for 23 scholars in India and N56.4 million for 92 students studying in Cyprus.
”Following a fact-finding visit to ascertain the state’s level of indebtedness for Zamfara state students at the Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara and Crescent University, Abeokuta in Ogun, the governor approved the release of N70 million.
”The governor approved N19 million for 38 law school students for the 2019 to 2020,” he said.
He said that approval and release of verification funds to screen and verify Zamfara indigines studying in various public institutions of higher learning in Nigeria has been given by the governor.
This, he said, is to ascertain the real data of students for the immediate release of their bursary which was not paid in eight years.
ROYAL NEWS reports that in 2019, the governor approved and paid over N460 million as tuition and accommodation fees as well as for upkeep allowances for the 2019 to 2020 academic session.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution