The Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, on Wednesday described the Eastern Security Network, ESN, as bandits and criminals.
Umahi made the allegation while accusing the ESN of doing evil within the Southeast forests.
Speaking on Channels Television’s ‘Sunrise Daily’ programme, Umahi stressed that the region’s governors would not allow such illegality in the Southeast.
Umahi insisted that individuals would not be allowed to take the laws into their hands.
He said: “And so, we won’t allow people to take the laws into their hands by killing cows and killing people. But I have to tell you that herders/farmers’ conflicts are not the only security challenges we have in South-East, we have the issue of kidnapping.
“And of late, we have bandits that are now doing a lot of evil and saying they are Eastern Security Network.
“They commit a lot of crime and say they are IPOB, and later IPOB will come out and say we had no hand in this, we had no hand in that.”
Leader of IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu had in December 2020 established ESN to combat killer herdsmen and general insecurity in the Southeastern part of the country.
Following the establishment of ESN, a lot of youths in the Southeast have been recruited into the security outfit.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63