Pulisic made his 33rd appearance in the Champions League, the most by a United States Men’s National Soccer Team, USMNT, player in the competition’s history as Chelsea advanced to the semi-finals on a 2-1 aggregate. Chelsea had won Porto 2-0 in the first-leg last week.
The United States international made his sixth start under Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel, and went the full 90 minutes in the Blues’ loss against Porto.
The former Dortmund winger suffered a string of injuries at the start of the current campaign, but now he has been taking care of his body and earning the trust of Tuchel.
The 22-year-old has scored one goal and registered one assist in six Champions League appearances this season for Tuchel’s men.
His only goal came against Krasnodar on 28 October during the Champions League group stage, and his assist was against Atlético Madrid in the round of 16 second-leg encounter.
Pulisic will hope to continue his impressive display for Chelsea when they host Manchester City in the FA Cup semi-finals on 17 April.
Chelsea will return to Champions League action on 27 April, facing the winner between Liverpool and Real Madrid.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency