The Amalgamated Ngboejeogu Youth (ANY) Umuogudu Akpu, Ngbo in Ebonyi has condemned the violent attack on the community by gunmen, suspected to be herders.
The group’s position is contained in a communique made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abakaliki.
It was signed by Uche Ega (President), Samuel Okpor (Secretary), Michael Odo (Legal Adviser) and 15 others.
NAN recalls that gunmen had in the early hours of Monday attacked the community and destroyed property worth millions of naira.
“ANY condemns in strong terms the barbaric act by unknown gunmen and urge the government to assume its statutory responsibility of protecting lives and property of its citizens.
“We, the youths, have gone round in the affected areas with a view to ascertain the level of damage.
“The attack was carried out on four villages, including Ebele Umugadu, Otuebu Umugadu, Ndiegu Ibe-Agba and Odebo,” the communique stated.
It appealed to the state and federal governments, public spirited individuals and corporate bodies to come to the aid of the people, who lost all they had.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note