The Amalgamated Ngboejeogu Youth (ANY) Umuogudu Akpu, Ngbo in Ebonyi has condemned the violent attack on the community by gunmen, suspected to be herders.
The group’s position is contained in a communique made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abakaliki.
It was signed by Uche Ega (President), Samuel Okpor (Secretary), Michael Odo (Legal Adviser) and 15 others.
NAN recalls that gunmen had in the early hours of Monday attacked the community and destroyed property worth millions of naira.
“ANY condemns in strong terms the barbaric act by unknown gunmen and urge the government to assume its statutory responsibility of protecting lives and property of its citizens.
“We, the youths, have gone round in the affected areas with a view to ascertain the level of damage.
“The attack was carried out on four villages, including Ebele Umugadu, Otuebu Umugadu, Ndiegu Ibe-Agba and Odebo,” the communique stated.
It appealed to the state and federal governments, public spirited individuals and corporate bodies to come to the aid of the people, who lost all they had.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal