Guber elections: Party chieftain hails INEC for improved polls
An APC Chieftain, Mr Kailani Muhammad, has commended INEC for an improved and seemless gubernatorial and state house of assembly elections.
Muhammad who spoke with neewsmen shortly after casting his vote on Saturday in Rigasa ward, Igabi Local Government Area, said the elections were peaceful.
He stated that the turnout of voters was impressive, adding that there was adequate security.
“We must commend the INEC Chairman, Yukubu Mahmud, for making adequate preparations for the governorship and state house of assembly elections.
“All sensitive materials arrived on time, no violence anywhere and people have been voting; the BVAS have been working and we thank INEC for making elections possible,” he said.
He urged the presidential candidate who were contesting the results of the presidential elections to withdraw their cases and join hands with the newly elected president to make Nigeria better.
Similarly, Malam Abubakar Sani-Sambo, a political analyst, stated that INEC had noted the challenges faced in the last election and taken necessary measures to address the issues.
“I think INEC has improved the election which makes it seemless; the BVAS is really working.
“I urge contestants and residents to accept elections outcome as it is clear that the elections are free and fair,” he said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG