Gunmen attack Plateau varsity – official
Plateau State University (PLASU) says its security operatives repelled an attack on the campus by bandits on Tuesday night.
The school authority said that some gunmen invaded the female hostel of the institution in Bokkos between Tuesday night and Wednesday but there was no abduction.
Mr John Agams, the Public Relations Officer of the institution confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
Agams said that the criminals attacked the institution to kidnap students but they were repelled by the local securitymen in the university.
”It is true that gunmen attempted to kidnap some of our students, but the attempt was repelled by our local security men.
”In the process, one student was injured, but no student was abducted.
”The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Benard Matur, is currently at the school premises and appealing to students to be peaceful,” he said.
However, the police command in the state has yet to comment.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari