The Police Command in Katsina State said unknown gunmen have killed Alhaji Abdulhamid Sani, Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Batsari Local Government Area of the State.
The Police Spokesman, SP Gambo Isah, who confirmed this in a statement in Katsina, said the incident happened at about 1:35 p.m on Sunday.
According to him, Sani was killed when he resisted being kidnapped by the hoodlums.
He said “Today at about 1:35 p.m., unknown gunmen attacked Sabon-Garin Dumburawa in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State.
“During the unfortunate incident, the bandits shot sporadically with sophisticated weapons, and killed the 55-year-old APC Chairman in Batsari local Government Area after he resisted being kidnapped.”
He also stated that that Operation Puff Adder and Sharan Daji have begun an immediate search in the forest with the aim of arresting the culprits, NAN reports.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children