The Police Command in Katsina State said unknown gunmen have killed Alhaji Abdulhamid Sani, Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Batsari Local Government Area of the State.
The Police Spokesman, SP Gambo Isah, who confirmed this in a statement in Katsina, said the incident happened at about 1:35 p.m on Sunday.
According to him, Sani was killed when he resisted being kidnapped by the hoodlums.
He said “Today at about 1:35 p.m., unknown gunmen attacked Sabon-Garin Dumburawa in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State.
“During the unfortunate incident, the bandits shot sporadically with sophisticated weapons, and killed the 55-year-old APC Chairman in Batsari local Government Area after he resisted being kidnapped.”
He also stated that that Operation Puff Adder and Sharan Daji have begun an immediate search in the forest with the aim of arresting the culprits, NAN reports.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92