Gunmen, at about 11:30 p.m. on Sunday abducted a resident doctor, Dr. Sunny Afore at the Central Hospital in Ojobo Community, Burutu Local Government Area of Delta State.
The gunmen disguised as patients in the hospital and in the process shot sporadically into the air before they abducted their victim who was on duty, DAILY POST reports.
It was learnt that the gunmen went away with the medical doctor through the rivers.
Since last night, nothing has been heard of the medical doctor, as the gunmen are yet to establish any contacts with his family, as well as leaders of the community.
The incident has caused serious tension amongst indigenes and residents of the Community.
When Contacted, the Delta State Commissioner of Police.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation