Hafsat Abdulrahman sworn-in as Adamawa first female Chief Judge
Governor Fintiri Swears In Hafsat Abdulrahman As Adamawa First Female Chief Judge
Justice Hafsat Abdulrahman has been sworn in as the first female Chief Judge of Adamawa State
The state governor, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri presided over the swearing-in ceremony in Yola, the state capital on Monday.
Governor Fintiri charged her to commit to the dispensation of justice without fear or favour.
She was first appointed Acting Chief of Judge of the state in December 2022.
“We are making history as a government by having the first female Chief Judge in the history of the state.
“Her emergence is, therefore, a watershed development in gender mainstreaming and a testament that the girl-child is at liberty to rise and become anything with merit, devoid of any man-made barriers in Adamawa State.
“To parents, I must say, if we are looking for a role model for our daughters, this is a perfect place to come to – merit, right, truth, hard work, dedication, fairness and justice,” Fintiri said.
Shortly after her swearing-in, Justice Abdulrahman pledged to promote the course of justice in the state, “in accordance with the dictates of the judicial oath”.
Justice Ibrahim Sudi and Justice Audu Balami, also subscribed to judicial oaths as Grand Khadi and President of the Customary Court of Appeal respectively.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje