Lecturers at the University of Maiduguri (UniMaid) have threatened to withhold results of students until the federal government resolves the issue of pro-rata payment of salary and nonpayment of their 8 months’ salaries.
Dr Abubakar Mshelia, Chairman of Unimaid’s branch of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) made the announcement on Tuesday, November 22.
He said; “Members of ASUU will not mark the current examination scripts; they will also not submit the results of both the first and second semesters of the 2020/2021 academic session.
“There will be no computation of academic status by coordinators of parts 1-4, 5 or 6, as applicable.
“Government said ‘no-work, no-pay; we say ‘no-pay, no-work.”
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC
- Adeleke denies withdrawing N5bn from Osun accounts
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate