ROYAL NEWS reports that the new leadership was elected on Tuesday night at the end of the 2022 Nollywood Actors Summit of the guild held in Benin City, Edo.
Not less than 120 delegates from 20 states voted during the elections, which was held at the Victor Uwaifo Creative Hub.
The election was supervised by NEC Chairman, Steve Eboh, and Emma Ogugua, Chairman Board of Trustee of the guild.
Incumbent National President of the guild, Emeka Rollas (MON) was re-elected, while Nazareth Jesse, Marcus Maina, Bukky Fagbuyi, Clement Anigbo, Moklese Osain emerged Vice Presidents for North-Central, North-East, South- West, South- East and South-South respectively.
Abubakar Sanusi won his bid to become the AGN Secretary-General, while Chelsea Nwodo emerged Assistant Secretary of the guild.
Other elected executives are Emeka Duru as Financial Secretary, Oby Okafor as Treasurer, David Akuma as Director of Guild Services and Kea Adams as Provost.
Speaking on behalf of the new executives, Rollas said the new leadership would consolidate on the successes of the AGN in the last three years and be more committed to the welfare of members.
He, therefore, called on members across the country to shun all divisive tendencies and work with the new executives to build a formidable AGN.
“ I can say today that all we have done in the past three years was foundation laying, so let us join hands and build on the successes we have so far achieved,” he said.
Rollas, who was first elected as National President of the AGN in 2019, said a date would soon be announced for the inauguration of the new leadership.
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano