ROYAL NEWS gathered that the proposed event has been generating enthusiasm and expectations from farmers and those interested in other value chains.
However, Exhibitors from around the country and abroad will be presenting innovations in Agric mechanization, access to improved seedlings and financing to farmers. It will be a platform for meeting potential business partners and attracting investment,
The fair is coming at a time when the Federal Government is intensifying effort at diversifying the economy and guarantees food security and enables the growth of a multi-sectoral economy in view of the current harsh economic situation.
Further checks revealed that the programme will provide an opportunity for a wide range of companies to advertise their products to both large and small scale farmers.
No doubt, it will be of benefit not only to direct and indirect suppliers of goods and services to the agricultural sector, but also for those involved in related industries or indeed any companies that wish to promote their business to a broad spectrum of the populace.
It has several programmes lined up including an exhibition where producers, exhibitors, and innovators will show case latest products and equipment aimed at connecting them with buyers and investors.
The National Centre for Agriculture Mechanization NCAM is storming the fair with its equipment and other prototypes. Harvest Plus which is into post-harvest processes is also coming with technologies for farmers to handle their harvest.
Others include; KAM Industries with jute bags, Liquid Fertilisers Association with Organic fertiliser, Clean field Nigeria which is into equipment leasing amongst several others.
Financial Organisations will also be at the fair including the CBN which will showcase its Anchor Borrowers Programme that supports millions of small-holders in rice production.Other commercial banks have indicated interest in featuring at the fair to show case their Agriculture portfolios
HAGIF 2016 will also have conference/seminar which will bring together experts from diverse fields in the food,agriculture and allied industry around the world to provide educational and networking platform for players in the Industry.
As the first edition debuts, the Harmony Agric International Fair is expected to be the biggest Agri-fair in Nigeria in the future.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation