Hisbah, the Shari’a Law Enforcement Agency in Jigawa, says it has impounded a Sharon car containing 389 bottles of beer in the state.
The state’s Hisbah Commander, Ibrahim Dahiru, disclosed this while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria in Dutse on Wednesday.
Dahiru said the vehicle was impounded during a raid at about 10 a.m. on October 1, in Hadejia Local Government Area of the state.
He said the vehicle was impounded in front of the resident of one Emma Rotimi, at Mairanda Jama’are quarters, Hadejia.
The commander said Hisbah has handed over the owner and the items to the Police for proper investigation and possible prosecution.
“They were later taken to court,” he said.
Dahiru, who emphasised that consumption of alcohol is prohibited in all parts of the state, added that Hisbah will continue to fight against immoral acts in any part of the state.
He, therefore, advised residents to desist from engaging in “vices and other immoral acts capable of destroying the society.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation