The Department of State Services has confirmed the arrest of the ex-Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team, Abdulrasheed Maina.
In a statement signed by its Public Relations Officer, Dr. Peter Afunnaya, in Abuja, on Wednesday, the Service said the feat was made possible by renewed inter-agency cooperation.
The statement said the fugitive was arrested during a combined operation, on 30th September 2019.
It read in part, “The arrest which was effected at the Pennsylvania Avenue Hotel, Utako, Abuja followed a request by the EFCC to the Service to assist in the apprehension of the suspect.
“Maina was arrested in the company of his 20-year-old son, Faisal Abdulrasheed Maina, who unsuccessfully tried to resist the arrest.
“The lad even pulled a pistol against the security agents involved in the operation. He was, however, disarmed and arrested. He is a final year student at the Canadian University of Dubai where he is studying Telecoms Engineering.”
The statement further read, “Items recovered from the suspects include a pistol with live ammunition, a bulletproof Range Rover SUV, a BMW Saloon car, foreign currencies, a Phantom 7 drone and sensitive documents.
“The suspects and the recovered items will be handed over to the EFCC for further investigations and appropriate necessary actions.
“It is instructive to note that the operation is as a result of a renewed inter-agency collaboration among security and law enforcement agencies.”
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo
- Gov. Oyetola signs N138bn Budget into law