Speaking during an interview on NTA on Monday, the Presidential aide alleged that Governors in the country have exercised powers beyond what the constitution envisaged for them.
Enang further said that if funds meant for local governments are disbursed, the challenges currently being witnessed across the country will be curbed.
“The governors have exercised so much powers that are beyond what the constitution envisaged for them — beyond what the law gave to them.
“The president has kept within his powers as president and does not interfere with the funds of the state governments while the governors have interfered and kidnapped the funds of the local governments through what is called the state/local government joint account.
“They don’t even give to the local governments the funds that they realise as internally generated revenue, which is why the joint account was made.
“Now, the insecurity problem we have today, the governors cannot escape the criticism of the people because everybody is a witness.
“If the governors allow the funds of the local governments to get to the local governments, they would have been able to at least capture within their net, certain persons of certain class at that local government level. This way a lot of ill-happenings in the country will be curbed,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion