Ethiopia registered 159 new Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the past 24 hours, taking the nationwide tally to 274,346 as of Monday night, the country’s Ministry of Health said on Tuesday.
The ministry said eight new deaths and 443 more recoveries were reported, bringing the national counts to 4,250 and 251,107 respectively.
Ethiopia, Africa’s second-most populous nation, has so far reported the largest number of COVID-19 cases in the East Africa region.
Figures from the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention showed that Ethiopia’s COVID-19 cases accounted for about six per cent of Africa’s total.
Ethiopia is among the countries hardest hit by COVID-19 in Africa, following South Africa, Morocco, and Tunisia.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion