Don Jazzy speaking on the Bounce Radio interview with media personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu unveiled a lot about Wande Coal’s exit.
He clarified that the controversial Babyface song was not the major reason for their fall out.
Don Jazzy noted that he never wanted Wande Coal to leave his record label but learnt through his experience over the years that there would be a time when artistes will feel like they can become independent and take charge of their careers.
He also admitted sending Wande Coal several DMs to return.
“I believe a lot of people in the industry at the time were saying things to Wande Coal which eventually led to his final decision.
“I also believed Wande Coal had gotten to the stage where he felt he could take the reins of his career.
“I did not want him to leave and begged for him to return to Mavin,” Don Jazzy said.
Wande Coal and Don Jazzy were part of ‘Mo’hits’ group which had a painful split in 2012.
Don Jazzy went ahead to establish Mavin records.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport