Dr Ola Brown has weighed in on the conversation about women being compelled to cook for family gatherings.
The conversation has been on for days now on Twitter after a man said his wife will not cook at any family gathering. He suggested that a caterer should be hired instead.
This led to a debate as people said the cooking is to allow the women to bond.
Those opposing asked why men don’t cook to bond too. They questioned why the women are expected to cook at every family gathering while the men stay together drinking.
However, people in support of the tradition insisted that women who don’t join others in cooking will be alienated.
Reacting, Dr Ola Brown, the founder of Flying Doctors Nigeria, revealed she has been married for years and has never cooked.
She added that if she wants to bond with other women, they will go to the spa, not the kitchen.
See the conversation;
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants