Senator Elisha Abbo on Wednesday apologised for assaulting a nursing mother.
Abbo who is representing Adamawa North Senatorial District apologized to mothers, Nigerians, his party; the Peoples Democratic Party, the National Assembly, his family, the victim and her family as well as all people who were embarrassed by his conduct.
He stated this at a media briefing stressing that he has never been known or associated with assault in the past.
He said that regardless of what transpired prior to his expression of anger, he was sincerely sorry and pleaded that all men and women should have the heart to forgive him.
READ ALSO: Assault: Embattled Senator Abbo shuns Senate plenary
Abbo said, “I’m not here to tell my own side of the story.
“It is with a deep sense of remorse and responsibility that I, Senator Ishaku Abbo profoundly apologise to all Nigerians, the Senate, the Peoples Democratic Party, my family, friends as well as our mothers – the Nigerian women.
“I personally apologize to Bibra and her family for my action towards her, which has brought immense discomfort in our body polity.”
He added, “l have never been known or associated with such actions in the past. Regardless of what transpired prior to my expression of anger, I am sincerely sorry and plead that all men and women of good conscience should have the heart to forgive me. To err is human, to forgive is divine.”
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero