Senator Elisha Abbo on Wednesday apologised for assaulting a nursing mother.
Abbo who is representing Adamawa North Senatorial District apologized to mothers, Nigerians, his party; the Peoples Democratic Party, the National Assembly, his family, the victim and her family as well as all people who were embarrassed by his conduct.
He stated this at a media briefing stressing that he has never been known or associated with assault in the past.
He said that regardless of what transpired prior to his expression of anger, he was sincerely sorry and pleaded that all men and women should have the heart to forgive him.
READ ALSO: Assault: Embattled Senator Abbo shuns Senate plenary
Abbo said, “I’m not here to tell my own side of the story.
“It is with a deep sense of remorse and responsibility that I, Senator Ishaku Abbo profoundly apologise to all Nigerians, the Senate, the Peoples Democratic Party, my family, friends as well as our mothers – the Nigerian women.
“I personally apologize to Bibra and her family for my action towards her, which has brought immense discomfort in our body polity.”
He added, “l have never been known or associated with such actions in the past. Regardless of what transpired prior to my expression of anger, I am sincerely sorry and plead that all men and women of good conscience should have the heart to forgive me. To err is human, to forgive is divine.”
- Ogun govt closes land borders for 2weeks
- BREAKING…. Coronavirus cases jump to 97 in Nigeria
- Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s wife sends message to Nigerians as husband tests positive
- BREAKING…. Gov. El-Rufai tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Tinubu urges Buhari govt to print more Naira notes
- Covid-19: Gombe reverse to N18,000 minimum wage for workers
- BREAKING….. Coronavirus pandemic hits 89 in Nigeria
- Covid-19: Kwara police releases reports on restriction order
- Lawan greets Asiwaju Tinubu @68
- Coronavirus: Two cases confirmed, Enugu ordered lockdown of land borders, others
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics9 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen