For alleged failure to pay back the loan he took to perform pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia in 2013, Alhaji Khalil Babalola, was on Monday dragged before an Osun Magistrates’Court sitting in Osogbo.
The defendant, who is facing two counts of stealing and obtaining unlawful credit, was said to have obtained a credit facility of N500,000 from the firm of one Shuaib Olatoye to fund the trip, but failed to pay back as agreed.
The police prosecutor, Kayode Adedeji, explained that the defendant committed the offences in April 2013 at the Ajegunle area of Osogbo.
Babalola pleaded not guilty to the charges and urged the court not to refer the matter to the High Court for trial.
Counsel for the defendant, Okobe Najite, pleaded with the magistrate to commit his client to bail, adding that he would provide credible sureties.
Ruling on the application, Magistrate O. A. Oloyade, granted the accused bail in the sum of N500,000, with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case till August 15 for mention
- Ogun govt closes land borders for 2weeks
- BREAKING…. Coronavirus cases jump to 97 in Nigeria
- Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s wife sends message to Nigerians as husband tests positive
- BREAKING…. Gov. El-Rufai tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Tinubu urges Buhari govt to print more Naira notes
- Covid-19: Gombe reverse to N18,000 minimum wage for workers
- BREAKING….. Coronavirus pandemic hits 89 in Nigeria
- Covid-19: Kwara police releases reports on restriction order
- Lawan greets Asiwaju Tinubu @68
- Coronavirus: Two cases confirmed, Enugu ordered lockdown of land borders, others
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics9 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen