For alleged failure to pay back the loan he took to perform pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia in 2013, Alhaji Khalil Babalola, was on Monday dragged before an Osun Magistrates’Court sitting in Osogbo.
The defendant, who is facing two counts of stealing and obtaining unlawful credit, was said to have obtained a credit facility of N500,000 from the firm of one Shuaib Olatoye to fund the trip, but failed to pay back as agreed.
The police prosecutor, Kayode Adedeji, explained that the defendant committed the offences in April 2013 at the Ajegunle area of Osogbo.
Babalola pleaded not guilty to the charges and urged the court not to refer the matter to the High Court for trial.
Counsel for the defendant, Okobe Najite, pleaded with the magistrate to commit his client to bail, adding that he would provide credible sureties.
Ruling on the application, Magistrate O. A. Oloyade, granted the accused bail in the sum of N500,000, with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case till August 15 for mention
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide