For alleged failure to pay back the loan he took to perform pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia in 2013, Alhaji Khalil Babalola, was on Monday dragged before an Osun Magistrates’Court sitting in Osogbo.
The defendant, who is facing two counts of stealing and obtaining unlawful credit, was said to have obtained a credit facility of N500,000 from the firm of one Shuaib Olatoye to fund the trip, but failed to pay back as agreed.
The police prosecutor, Kayode Adedeji, explained that the defendant committed the offences in April 2013 at the Ajegunle area of Osogbo.
Babalola pleaded not guilty to the charges and urged the court not to refer the matter to the High Court for trial.
Counsel for the defendant, Okobe Najite, pleaded with the magistrate to commit his client to bail, adding that he would provide credible sureties.
Ruling on the application, Magistrate O. A. Oloyade, granted the accused bail in the sum of N500,000, with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case till August 15 for mention
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director