Human rights lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa has said that he won’t be surprised if embattled police officer, Abba Kyari is reabsorbed into the Nigerian Police Force.
Speaking on a Channels Television programme on Wednesday February 16, the senior lawyer said he believes Nigerian police authorities are treating Abba Kyari’s case with levity.
Adegboruwa also said the handling of Kyari’s extradition request by the US, points to the fact that the case might be swept under the carpet despite a fresh indictment linking the officer with an international drug cartel.
“For the event that that happened on Monday through the NDLEA, I am just sure that one day we will just wake up and see that Mr Kyari would have been reabsorbed into the Nigerian Police Force.
“With all due respect, I think that was what Mr. IGP was working towards because if you look at the events, it would seem that the super cop was in the good books of those in power.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment