ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
Dibu Ojerinde, a former registrar of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has been re-arrested by operatives of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences (ICPC).
This is coming after Jimoh Olabisi, a former Deputy Director at JAMB and witness of the ICPC, alleged in court on Wednesday, January 25, that Ojerinde used him to divert federal government funds.
The former registrar who has been accused of committing multiple frauds while heading JAMB and the National Examination Council (NECO), was arraigned on July 6, 2021, on an 18-count charge bordering on alleged misappropriation of funds to the tune of N5.2 billion.
TheCable reported that Ojerinde who pleaded not guilty to the allegations and was granted bail in the sum of N200 million, was arrested by ICPC officials in Abuja on Thursday, January 26, at the premises of a Federal High court.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents