Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
Kwara House of Assembly on Thursday approved the extension of tenure of the Acting Auditor General of the state, Fatai Tiamiyu, for additional six months with effect from Jan. 29, 2023.
This followed a Message from Gov. AbdulRahman Abdulrazaq, titled “Legislative Approval For a Six Months Tenure Extension of Acting Auditor General of Kwara State”, addressed to the Speaker, Mr Yakubu Salihu, and read before his colleagues.
Gov. Abdulrazaq informed the House that the initial six months tenure for Acting Auditor General of the state would lapse on Jan. 28.
He pointed out that the tenure of Tiamiyu is being extended as the appointment of the substantive Auditor General is currently pending in Court.
Gov. Abdulrazaq, whose legislative request was premised on Section 126, Subsection Six of the constitution, stated that Mr Tiamiyu has been actively working on the preparation of the State Audited Financial Statement as it is crucial he sees the process through to completion.
The Speaker, therefore, directed the Clerk, Hajia Halimaah Kperogi, to communicate the resolution of the House to the Governor in due course.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents