Nigeria’s Vice President, Professor Yemi Osibanjo (SAN) on Monday disclosed that his experience as Vice President in the last seven years under President Muhammadu Buhari has placed him in high pedestal to be the next President of Nigeria come 2023.
Osibanjo made this known at the Emir Palace on Monday in Ilorin during his visit to the Emir on his visit to the state to address APC delegates ahead of May 30 Presidential primaries.
Osinbajo said: “Working under President Muhammadu Buhari in the last seven years greatly exposed him to series of security and economic challenges facing the country which is in a better position to address it due to exposure and opportunities given to him under President Muhammadu Buhari.
He noted that being Vice President of Nigeria in the last few years was a great opportunity that placed him in front burner against other aspirants vying for same office pointing out that as soon as he get to the office in May 2023 he would kick the ground running for a more prosperous Nigeria.
The Vice President also lauded the fatherly role of the Emir and seek his support towards his aspiration.
Osibanjo said that his respect and regard for the Emir and the the Emirate informed his visit to the palace for his fatherly support.
In his response, the Emir of Ilorin Alhaji Dr Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari lauded the vice president visit and said his aspiration was based on his past record which has earned him respect all over.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari however disclosed that the challenges ahead of him is enormours and tasked him to rise up which he believes he can summon for the good of Nigeria.
Also speaking, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq said the Vice President has been a friend of Kwara who had launched the social investment Programme and Owo Isowo scheme for the vulnerable and less privileged ones in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community