Abubakar said this on Saturday in Calabar while addressing party delegates and stakeholders as the party prepares for its May 28 and 29 presidential primary.
The former Vice President said he would give more powers to both the state and local government councils.
According to him, it would be the fault of the electorates if credible people are not elected in 2023.
“History will judge the electorates if we fail to elect the right people to positions of power.
“I am ready, qualified, available and have the right credentials which reasons I have offered myself to lead this country.
“I have the capacity, determination and courage to fix the issue of insecurity in Nigeria,” he said, adding that
the PDP can no longer afford to be in opposition, noting that they will reclaim both Cross River and the country.
Also speaking at the meeting, Mr Liyel Imoke, former governor of Cross River, commended the former vice president for his doggedness, saying he is one of the experienced founding fathers of the PDP.
Imoke claimed that Abubakar was the People’s choice in the 2019 presidential election even though he did not win the election.
He said the PDP in Cross River is one family and would pull their support behind him.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar ran as governor of Adamawa in 1990, 1997 and 1998 before becoming the running mate to former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999.(NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano