Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers on Saturday said he will end banditry in six months, if elected as the President of Nigeria in the 2023 general election.
Wike, a presidential hopeful on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), made the declaration in a press statement issued by Mr Kelvin Ebiri, his Special Adviser on Media in Port Harcourt.
Wike, speaking in a meeting at Abeokuta to the party delegates from Ogun State, vowed to stamp out banditry in the first six months of his presidency.
He assured that his administration will provide the logistics and gadgets necessary for the security agencies to expeditiously end banditry in the country if elected President.
Wike said that he will prioritise the protection of lives and properties of every Nigerian.
The governor reiterated that he remains committed to the ideals of PDP and will never leave it for another political party under any circumstances.
In his response, Gov. Adedapo Abiodun of Ogun State urged the delegates to support Gov. Wike to actualise his Presidential aspiration.
Abiodun expressed optimism that Gov. Wike will win PDP’s ticket and subsequently the 2023 Presidential election.(NAN)
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG