The Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muahammad Bashir Imam-Soliu, on Friday led the two rakats virtual eid-adha prayers marking this year’s Eid-el-Kabir sallah festival in Kwara state.
The prayer was observed by the Imam at at his residence exactly 9.30am. Shortly after the two rakat nafilah, the cleric slaughtered ram in line with the dictates of Allah.
He commended Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara state for the numerous efforts adopted to curtail the spread of COVID-19 infection among the citizens. He however enjoined Muslim faithful to continue to pray for peace and unity at all times.
In his sallah message signed by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, urged Muslims to be thankful to Allah and always seek for His forgiveness from misdeeds committed in the past years.
He admonished the people of Ilorin Emirate and beyond to to always preach the principle of unity, peace and love in a bid to build a virile and prosperous society. The Emir also prayed against the spread COVID-19 infection in the society.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari also commended the state technical committee on COVID-19 for putting necessary measures in place towards ensuring that the community spread of the infectious disease is reduced to the barest minimum.
He therefore applauded the people of the state for their peaceful conducts and understanding of the current situation which led to the cancellation of activities relating to year’s sallah festival including Yidi prayer.
It would be recalled that the state technical committee on COVID-19 led by the Kwara State Deputy Governor, Mr. Kayode Alabi, had last week Friday cancelled activities relating to Sallah festival including prayers on the Ilorin Central Yidi praying ground.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends