The Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muahammad Bashir Imam-Soliu, on Friday led the two rakats virtual eid-adha prayers marking this year’s Eid-el-Kabir sallah festival in Kwara state.
The prayer was observed by the Imam at at his residence exactly 9.30am. Shortly after the two rakat nafilah, the cleric slaughtered ram in line with the dictates of Allah.
He commended Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara state for the numerous efforts adopted to curtail the spread of COVID-19 infection among the citizens. He however enjoined Muslim faithful to continue to pray for peace and unity at all times.
In his sallah message signed by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, urged Muslims to be thankful to Allah and always seek for His forgiveness from misdeeds committed in the past years.
He admonished the people of Ilorin Emirate and beyond to to always preach the principle of unity, peace and love in a bid to build a virile and prosperous society. The Emir also prayed against the spread COVID-19 infection in the society.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari also commended the state technical committee on COVID-19 for putting necessary measures in place towards ensuring that the community spread of the infectious disease is reduced to the barest minimum.
He therefore applauded the people of the state for their peaceful conducts and understanding of the current situation which led to the cancellation of activities relating to year’s sallah festival including Yidi prayer.
It would be recalled that the state technical committee on COVID-19 led by the Kwara State Deputy Governor, Mr. Kayode Alabi, had last week Friday cancelled activities relating to Sallah festival including prayers on the Ilorin Central Yidi praying ground.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory