INEC extends PVCs collection deadline
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has again extended the deadline for the collection of Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) by an additional one week, that is, February 5, 2023.
The PVC collection earlier scheduled to end on 29th January is now to continue until 5th February, said a statement by INEC’s National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye.
INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, had on Friday said his meeting with the Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs) will deliberate on the ongoing collection of Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) in its 774 Local Government Offices nationwide.
“Arising from reports from the various States and discussions with Resident Electoral Commissioners, the Commission has decided to further extend PVC collection in all its Local Government Offices nationwide by an additional one week,” Mr Okoye said.
“Collection period has further been extended by an additional two hours and will start at 9am and end at 5pm daily including Saturdays and Sundays.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG