INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION
SUPPLEMENTARY ELECTION IN TARABA STATE AND THE SUSPENDED ELECTION IN ENUGU STATE
Further to our earlier statement in which Wednesday 14th February 2024 was fixed for supplementary elections in the Jalingo/Yorro/Zing Federal Constituency of Taraba State, the Commission hereby announces the full details of the Polling Units involved in the election and the three Local Government Areas making up the Constituency.
As declared by the Returning Officer, there are 15 Polling Units in Jalingo, seven in Yorro and two in Zing where supplementary elections will be held, making a total of 24 Polling Units for the Constituency.
The full list and delimitation details of the Polling Units, including number of registered voters and Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs) collected, have been uploaded to the Commission’s website and social media platforms.
In the case of Enugu South 1 State Constituency where election will also hold on Wednesday 14th February 2024, the names and delimitation details of the eight Polling Units remain unchanged.
We call on all political parties and candidates to urge their supporters and agents to maintain the peace during the polls.
Sam Olumekun mni
National Commissioner & Chairman,
Information and Voter Education Committee
Thursday 8th February 2024
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo