A Senior Lecturer at the Department of Telecommunication Science, Faculty of Communication and Information Sciences, University of Ilorin, Dr. Lukman Olawoyin, says the Federal Government need to invest more in the country’s education sector in order to inculcate positive behavioral attitude in students and by extension reduce crime rates among the youths.
Olawoyin disclosed this on Monday, saying that education is the bedrock of every nation because it assist people with differentiating what is right from the wrong.
He said, “Because of our low level of education, many youths venture into criminality without minding its effect on the society.”
Dr. Olawoyin urged the government to also invest more in agriculture theough incentives to real farmers to be able to produce more food crops, stressing that when people have something to eat, there will be less agitation and the rate at which people will engage in prostitution, abortion and criminality to make ends meet would be substantially reduced.
Speaking on the scarcity and increase in fuel price, Dr. Olawoyin lamented that it is quite unfortunate that Nigeria is passing through this kind of hardship at this point in time. He said that despite the fact that Nigeria is abundantly blessed with both natural and human resources, the country is yet to fully explore her potential to get the best out of it.
The don, however said that the situation is not peculiar to Nigeria, pointing out that it is a global phenomenon especially as a result of the Russia-Ukraine crises.
Dr. Olawoyin, also urged Nigerian youths to participate actively in politics, stressing that nothing prevents them from contesting for any political position.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES